Visit two beautiful Welsh coastal towns in one day!
Conwy and Llandudno – day trip by train
NOT CURRENTLY ONSALE – we will be back soon.
Explore all that Conwy and Llandudno have to offer on this day trip from Manchester Piccadilly station, including Conwy Castle, Plas Mawr and Llandudno Pier.
A UNESCO World Heritage site, the charming garrison town of Conwy features one of the finest examples of 13th-century castles in Europe. Overlooking a bustling harbour town, immerse yourself in Welsh myth and legend as you wander around the impressive fortress.
Just down the high street emblazoned with quaint shop fronts is the finest surviving Elizabethan townhouse in Britain, Plas Mawr. Listen to the audio guide as it tells you the story of the house and its inhabitants from 5 centuries ago.
After exploring these awe-inspiring buildings catch the open-top, hop-on, hop-off bus from Conwy to the beautiful coastal town of Llandudno. Take a stroll down the beautiful 19th-century Llandudno Pier and relax on the pebbled North Shore beach to clear away the cobwebs, before your return journey to Manchester.
What’s included on your day trip to Conwy and Llandudno :
- Meet and Greet Service at Manchester Piccadilly Station– Meet our representative outside The Mill Bar and Kitchen to receive your train tickets and a welcome pack containing your itinerary, payment vouchers, maps and travel tips.
- Return train from Manchester to Llandudno Junction– Travel by train to Llandudno Junction, (journey time approx. 2 hours).
- Full-day bus travel in Conwy and Llandudno – See all these beautiful seaside towns have to offer with panoramic views from the top deck of an open-top bus.
- Entrance to the excellently preserved Conwy Castle – Built more than 700 years ago the World Heritage site is an outstanding structure. Walk in the footsteps of Edward I in a complete circuit around the battlements of the castle, spiral staircases and all.
- Visit the Smallest house in Britain – Squeeze inside Quay House. Although measuring only 3.05m x 1.83m, Britain’s smallest house is a marker in Conwy’s harbourside. (Entrance fee not included.)
- Explore the 16th-century townhouse, Plas Mawr – Discover Britain’s best restored Elizabethan townhouse. Explore 17 extraordinary rooms via a series of terraces hidden behind The High Street gatehouse.
- Stroll along Llandudno pier – Enjoy breathtaking views across the Irish Sea from Wales’ longest Grade II listed pier, beautifully retaining its Victorian and Edwardian elegance since it was built in 1877.
Click here for more tours from Manchester Piccadilly