Liverpool ‘The Beatles Story and River Cruise’ Day Trip by Train
Day Trip to Liverpool from Manchester
Including the Beatles Story, a Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Tour and a River Cruise
Liverpool has a rich culture and heritage and with the city’s many museums and two magnificent cathedrals, Liverpool is a great day out. Explore the history and experience the atmosphere on our day trip to Liverpool.
Hop-on the open-top sightseeing bus and see the sights of the city while learning about the history of the landmarks from a local guide. Hop-off at the Metropolitan cathedral (free entry) or the Anglican cathedral (free entry) and explore these two very different yet equally beautiful cathedrals. Visit The Beatles Story at the world-famous Royal Albert Dock before taking a Ferry ‘Cross the Mersey on a 50-minute river cruise.
Before you go home, make sure you soak up the atmosphere of the city in the Cavern Club, or visit the city’s fantastic museums such as the Maritime Museum, the Museum of Liverpool, TATE Liverpool, the Walker Art Gallery, the International Slavery Museum or the World Museum.
What’s included in your day trip to Liverpool:
- Meet and Greet Service at Manchester Piccadilly Station
Meet our representative at The Mill and receive your train tickets and a welcome pack containing your itinerary, payment vouchers, maps and travel tips.
- Return Train from Manchester to Liverpool
Take the train to Liverpool (journey time: approx. 50 minutes).
- Sightseeing bus tour with live guide commentary (Entrance included)
Your hop/off sightseeing bus stops near all the best attractions in Liverpool.
- The Beatles Story – The world’s largest ‘Beatles’ exhibition (Entrance included)
An award-winning visitor attraction and the world’s largest permanent exhibition purely devoted to the lives and times of The Fab Four.
- River Explorer Cruise aboard the world-famous Mersey Ferry (Entrance included)
See Liverpool’s most iconic waterfront sights on a 50-minute cruise.
- Britain’s largest Cathedral – 5th in the World (Free entry)
Visit the unique Anglican cathedral finished in 1978 after 74 years of construction.
- The Albert Dock – stunning UNESCO World Heritage site (Free entry)
The heart of Liverpool’s historic waterfront with bars, cafes, restaurants & shops.
- Free entrance to Liverpool’s best attractions
Including the Albert Dock, Liverpool Cathedral, Museum of Liverpool, Maritime Museum, Tate Liverpool, Walker Art Gallery, The Bluecoat, St George’s Hall, The Metropolitan Cathedral and the World Museum.
£36.00 (5-15 years)
- All day trips by train are unescorted. Our representative will meet you at The Mill at Manchester Piccadilly station and provide you with all the information you need, including an itinerary, to use as a guide.
- Bookings can be made up until 20:00 the day before travel.
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.