Lake District ‘Cruise, Poetry and Grasmere Gingerbread’ Day Trip
Includes a cruise on Lake Windermere and visits to Dove Cottage, Wordsworth Museum and Gingerbread Shop
With its striking scenery and connections with the poet William Wordsworth, the UNESCO Lake District National Park offers a great day out and a truly memorable experience.
What’s included in your day trip to the Lake District:
- Meet and Greet Service at Manchester Piccadilly Station
Meet our representative at The Mill and receive your train tickets and a welcome pack containing your itinerary, payment vouchers, maps and travel tips.
- Return train from Manchester to Windermere
Travel by train to Windermere, with a change at Oxenholme (journey time approx. 2 hour 15 minutes).
- Full day bus travel in the central lakes zone
The route stops in Windermere, Rydal, Grasmere, Ambleside, Waterhead and Bowness.
- Dove Cottage, Wordsworth Museum, Grasmere Village and Gingerbread
Visit the famous former home and museum of poet William Wordsworth. Afterwards take a short walk to the pretty village of Grasmere where you can visit his grave and the famous gingerbread shop.
- Lake Windermere Cruise
Enjoy a scenic cruise from Waterhead to the town of Bowness-on-Windermere. In Bowness, visit the many shops, restaurants, old pubs and cafes. The quaint church of St Martin’s built in 1483 is worth a visit.
- Optional visit to the ‘World of Beatrix Potter’ in Bowness (entrance not included)
The stories of Peter Rabbit and friends are brought to life in a 3D exhibition.
£37.00 (5-15 years)
- All daytrips by train are self-guided/ unescorted. Our representative will meet you at The Mill at Manchester Piccadilly station and provide you with all the information you need, including an itinerary, to use as a guide.
- Bookings can be made up until 20:00 the day before travel.
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.