York, the Cathedral and Vikings’ Day Trip
Includes entry to many popular York attractions!
The historic, walled city of York is known for its tangle of quaint cobbled streets. There is also a wealth of shops, cafes and restaurants or take a walk along the ancient city walls. Discover all this spectacular city has to offer on our Day Trip to York.
What’s included in your day trip to York:
- Meet and Greet Service at Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station
Meet our representative at The Mill and receive your train tickets and a welcome pack containing your itinerary, payment vouchers, maps and travel tips.
- Return train travel from Manchester to York
Enjoy the journey through the Pennine Hills and Yorkshire (approx. 1 hour 15 minutes).
- Jorvik Viking Centre
The remains of 1,000-year-old houses are revealed beneath your feet with objects and artefacts from the Viking-age being brought before your eyes.
- The World famous York Minster
This cathedral church is one of the finest medieval buildings in Europe. It was built over 250 years, between 1220 and 1472.
- York Sightseeing Pass – worth £75!
The York Pass allows free entry to more than 30 of York’s leading attractions and discounts on shopping. Entrance included to York Minster, Clifford’s Tower, Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum, The York Dungeon, York’s Chocolate Story, Jorvik Viking Centre, National Railway Museum, York City Sightseeing Bus & York City Cruises.
Please note that the York Sightseeing Bus does not operate between 03.11.18 and 15.02.19 and York Cruises do not sail at all between 26.11.18 and 04.01.19 and then weekends only until 02.02.19.
£55.00 (5-15 years)
- All daytrips by train are self-guided/ unescorted. Our representative will meet you at The Mill at Manchester Piccadilly station and provide you with all the information you need, including an itinerary, to use as a guide.
- Bookings can be made up until 20:00 the day before travel.
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.