York, the Cathedral and Vikings’ Day Trip
Day Trip to York
Including entrance to all of York’s top attractions
York has a history as rich as any city in the UK. Discover the Roman, Viking and Medieval origins of the city with the York Pass, which includes entrance to many of York’s top attractions.
Hop-on the open-top sightseeing bus to get an introduction to the city and cruise down the River Ouse to see the city from a different perspective. Visit the Medieval York Minster and the JORVIK Viking Centre built on the site of a 1,000-year-old Viking settlement. Discover York’s more recent history at the York Chocolate Story and Fairfax House. Entry is also included to York Dungeon, Clifford’s Tower, York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum and more. There really is something for everyone with the York Pass.
What’s included in your day trip to York:
- Meet and Greet Service at Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station
Meet our representative at The Mill and receive your train tickets and a welcome pack containing your itinerary, payment vouchers, maps and travel tips.
- Return train travel from Manchester to York
Enjoy the journey through the Pennine Hills and Yorkshire (approx. 1 hour 15 minutes).
- Jorvik Viking Centre
The remains of 1,000-year-old houses are revealed beneath your feet with objects and artefacts from the Viking-age being brought before your eyes.
- The World famous York Minster
This cathedral church is one of the finest medieval buildings in Europe. It was built over 250 years, between 1220 and 1472.
- York Sightseeing Pass – worth £75!
The York Pass allows free entry to more than 30 of York’s leading attractions and discounts on shopping. Entrance included to York Minster, Clifford’s Tower, Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum, The York Dungeon, York’s Chocolate Story, Jorvik Viking Centre, National Railway Museum, York City Sightseeing Bus & York City Cruises.
£46.00 (5-15 years)
- All daytrips by train are self-guided/ unescorted. Our representative will meet you at The Mill at Manchester Piccadilly station and provide you with all the information you need, including an itinerary, to use as a guide.
- Bookings can be made up until 20:00 the day before travel.
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.