Historic Chester with lunch in the Cathedral Day Trip
Visit one of the UK’s most popular city destinations on our day trip to Chester. Explore Chester’s cobbled streets, hidden cellars and quirky lanes . Walk along the famous Roman Walls (free entry) that encircle the city centre or visit Chester Cathedral (free entry), founded as a Benedictine monastery more than 800 years ago. Don’t miss ‘The Rows’, the 700-year-old, two-tiered covered shopping galleries, offering an extensive choice of independent shops.
What’s included in your day trip to Chester:
- Meet and Greet Service at Manchester Piccadilly Station
Meet our representative at The Mill and receive your tickets and travel pack containing a detailed itinerary, maps and travel tips.
- Return train from Manchester to Chester
Enjoy a relaxing train journey through the Cheshire countryside (journey time: approx. 1 hour).
- Chester city walking tour with a professional guide
Discover and listen to the history, stories and local legends on a 90-minute walking tour including the Roman city walls, the ‘Rows’ medieval tiered shopping galleries, the Eastgate Clock and the beautiful riverside Groves.
- Chester Cathedral and lunch in the Refectory Cafe.
Explore 900 years of history the Cathedral and former Benedictine monastery which dates from 1092. Lunch of tea, soup and sandwiches served in the 13th-century Refectory Cafe.
- Free entrance to top Chester attractions
There is free entrance to the City Walls, Grosvenor Museum, The Roman Gardens and the 700-year-old ‘The Rows’ Shopping Galleries.
£39.00 (5-15 years)
- All daytrips by train are self-guided/ unescorted. Our representative will meet you at The Mill at Manchester Piccadilly station and provide you with all the information you need, including an itinerary, to use as a guide.
- Bookings can be made up until 20:00 the day before travel.
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.