Lake District – Cruise, Grasmere Gingerbread, and Peter Rabbit Day Trip by Train
Day Trip to the Lake District
Including a River Cruise, The World of Beatrix Potter and the Village of Grasmere
With its striking scenery and quaint villages, the UNESCO Lake District National Park offers a great day out and truly memorable experience. Discover the beautiful landscape on our Lake District day trip.
On your day trip to the Lake District, visit the village of Grasmere, one of the most picturesque villages in the Lake District, visit the resting place of William Wordsworth and purchase some truly unique Grasmere Gingerbread. Then cruise down Lake Windermere to Bowness-on-Windermere while admiring the magnificent mountains. In Bowness, visit the World of Beatrix Potter, where the stories of one of Lakeland’s most famous inhabitants are magically brought to life.
What’s included in your day trip to the Lake District:
- Meet and Greet Service at Manchester Piccadilly Station– Meet our representative outside The Mill Bar and Kitchen to receive your train tickets and a welcome pack containing your itinerary, payment vouchers, maps and travel tips.
- Return train from Manchester to Windermere – Travel by train to Windermere, with a change at Oxenholme (journey time approx. 2 hour 15 minutes).
- Full-day bus travel in the central lakes zone – The route stops in Windermere, Rydal, Grasmere, Ambleside, Waterhead, and Bowness.
- Grasmere Village and Gingerbread – Visit the pretty village of Grasmere, call into Grasmere’s famous gingerbread shop, and reflect at William Wordsworth’s resting place.
- Lake Windermere Cruise – Enjoy a scenic cruise from Waterhead to the town of Bowness-on-Windermere. In Bowness, visit the many shops, restaurants, old pubs, and cafes. Built in 1483, the quaint church of St Martin’s is worth a visit.
- Visit to the ‘World of Beatrix Potter’ in Bowness – The stories of Peter Rabbit and friends are brought to life in a 3D exhibition.
Click here for more day trips from Manchester Piccadilly.
CHILD (5-15 years)
- All day trips by train are unescorted. Our representative will meet you at Manchester Piccadilly station and provide you with all the information you need, including an itinerary, to use as a guide.
- Bookings can be made up until 20:00 the day before travel.
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.