Lake District Cruise, Steam Train and Peter Rabbit Day Trip
Day Trip to the Lake District
Including a River Cruise, Steam Train and Entrance to The World of Beatrix Potter
The Lake District is famous for its lakes and mountains, and the children’s author Beatrix Potter. See the spectacular landscape on a return journey from the town of Bowness-on-Windermere to Haverthwaite. Begin your journey from Bowness with a cruise on Lake Windermere to Lakeside on the southern shore. Then enjoy a ride on a traditional steam train to Haverthwaite. To return to Bowness you will reverse your outward journey.
When you return to Bowness, visit The World of Beatrix Potter, where the tales of Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck, Mrs Tiggy-Winkle and more of the author’s characters are magically brought to life. There is time to explore the cafes, tea rooms, shops and pubs of Bowness before returning to Manchester.
What’s included in your day trip to the Lake District:
- Meet and Greet at Manchester Piccadilly Train Station
Meet our representative at The Mill and receive your tickets and travel pack containing a detailed itinerary, maps and travel tips.
- Return train travel from Manchester to Windermere
Enjoy a scenic journey from Manchester to Windermere in the Lake District. Journey time is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Sightseeing Bus
Take the sightseeing bus to Bowness Pier
- Yellow Cruise on Lake Windermere
Take the Yellow Cruise from Bowness to Lakeside where you can catch the steam train.
- Return Trip on Lakeside Haverthwaite Steam Railway
Enjoy a nostalgic ride on a steam train before returning to Lakeside and catching the return cruise back to Bowness
- The World of Beatrix Potter
A visit to this unique attraction will bring the stories of Peter Rabbit and friends to life. Enjoy some free time afterwards to explore Bowness before catching the Sightseeing bus back to the station for your return train to Manchester.
CHILD (5-15 years)
- All daytrips by train are self-guided/ unescorted. Our representative will meet you at The Mill at Manchester Piccadilly station and provide you with all the information you need, including an itinerary, to use as a guide.
- Bookings can be made up until 20:00 the day before travel.
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.