Manchester Northern Quarter Walking Tour
Manchester Walking Tour – Northern Quarter – Rock and Goal – (2.5 hours) Departs: Monday to Saturday 1.30 pm – only £15
Your local tour guide will take you to all the must-see spots such as the filming sets of Peaky Blinders, music heritage sites and Captain America.
See where the Football League started, Northern Quarter artwork and so much more. You will go where buses simply can’t with stories that no other tour can match. We will give you the history of Manchester and give you an authentic introduction to one of the world’s best cities.
Tour starts: Mercure Manchester Hotel, Portland St, Manchester M1 4PH.
- Mercure Piccadilly Hotel – Our tour starts with you learning why David Bowie, Rod Stewart and lots of other stars would come to this hotel by mistake!
- Newton Street – See the sets of BBC and Netflix series and Hollywood movies and see the venues where many famous bands started!
- Tariff Street – See the famous whiskey Jar with its 300 types of whiskey and learn how the area became the gateway to Manchester’s street art!
- Port Street – Learn how Manchester gave the world handheld ice cream and the reasons that the annual Italian Day Parade is so popular!
- Little Lever Street – Learn how Manchester gave women voting rights and the first policeman in the world. See how Police would catch the baddies before they had radios!
- Stevenson Square – Learn about how the famous Northern Quarter started and hear the story of how one man became famous almost by mistake!
- Oldham Street – See the sets of BBC and Netflix series and Hollywood movies and see the venues where many famous bands started!
- Mosely Street – See where the football league started and how it became The Premier League broadcast annually to over 4 billion people!
- Affects Palace – Visit Manchester’s premier boutique arcade. You will learn about the mosaics on the side of Afflecks and about the fashion of the ‘Madchester’ music scene of the 80s and 90s!
Tours ends: Shambles Square near Manchester Cathedral.
Monday to Saturday 1.30pm
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.