Tatton Park, English Country House and Gardens & Knutsford Day Trip by Train
Day Trip to Tatton Park
Includes return train and taxi travel to Tatton Park and entrance to the Mansion, Gardens, and Farm
Visit the exquisite former estate of the Egerton family on a day trip to Tatton Park from Manchester. Admire the collections of fine art and memorabilia in the neoclassical Mansion. Wander at leisure through glorious gardens or meet rare breed animals at the working farm. Then visit the quaint Cheshire town of Knutsford, the inspiration for Elizabeth Gaskell’s Cranford, before returning to Manchester.
What’s Included in your day trip to Tatton Park:
- Meet and Greet Service at Manchester Piccadilly Station
Meet our representative outside The Mill Bar and Kitchen to receive your tickets and travel pack containing a detailed itinerary, travel vouchers, maps and travel tips.
- Return Train From Manchester to Knutsford
Take the train to Knutsford (journey time approximately 50 minutes).
- Return car transfers to Tatton Park
Meet your driver at the train station for transfer to Tatton Park.
- Tatton Park
Explore the Tatton Estate with the Totally Tatton ticket, including entrance to the Mansion, the Farm and the Gardens.
- Free Entrance to Knutsford Heritage Centre
Meet your driver for return transfer to Knutsford. Before you go home, explore the historic Cheshire town. Uncover Knutsford’s history at the Heritage Centre, where you can admire the spectacular Millenium Tapestry. This incredible community project depicts all walks of life in Knutsford and was created by 3000 local residents to celebrate the Millennium.
- The Courtyard Cafe Penny Farthing Collection
The Courtyard Cafe in the heart of Knutsford houses a curious collection of Penny Farthings. This is the best place in the UK to admire the many examples of this unique bicycle.
£42.50 per person
£40 per person
- All day trips by train are unescorted. Our representative will meet you at Manchester Piccadilly station and provide you with all the information you need, including an itinerary, to use as a guide.
- Bookings can be made up until 20:00 the day before travel.
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.