Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Manchester Bus
City Tour of Manchester, Salford and Media City
Explore the top attractions in Manchester
Known throughout the world as the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution, Manchester has a proud history in science, politics, music, arts and sport. Discover this vibrant history from the top deck of the Sightseeing Manchester hop-on, hop-off bus.
Beginning in Albert Square in the heart of the city centre the green Sightseeing Manchester hop-on, hop-off open-top bus takes you on 90-minute trip round Manchester and the modern waterfront developments at Salford Quays. There are 15 stops on the route that takes in some of Manchester’s key sights, including the National Football Museum, the Museum of Science and Industry, Old Trafford football stadium and The Lowry. Lord of the Rings and Lost actor Dominic Monaghan provides the commentary.
Due to roadworks on Trafford Wharf Road, the bus will not be stopping at Imperial War Museum North until further notice. For those wishing to visit the museum, it is only a short walk from Salford Quays and Media City.
Sightseeing Manchester Bus Stops & Locations:
- Albert Square (Stand WE) – Outside the Slug & Lettuce
- King Street (Stand CO) – Opposite Pizza Express
- Aytoun Street – Outside the Euro Car Park
- Piccadilly Gardens (Stand R) – Next to the Statue of The Duke of Wellington, by Byron Burger
- Church Street (Stand CB) – Near The Unicorn Pub
- National Football Museum (Stand NP) – Opposite Co-Op store
- Manchester Cathedral (Stand NI) – At the end of Victoria Street, before the Chapel Street Bridge
- Salford Cathedral – Opposite Salford Education Office
- Salford University – Salford Crescent at the stop by the old fire station
- The Quays – Opposite The Alchemist, by the roundabout between the car park and Lowry theatre.
- Trafford Road – Stop D at Merchants Quay, Near the Shell Garage
- Manchester United – On Sir Alex Ferguson Way, Outside the Premier Inn
- Museum of Science & Industry – Outside the Museum, near the Oxnoble pub
- The Bridgewater Hall – Stop SP outside the Bridgewater hall, near Manchester Central Convention Centre
Look for the Sightseeing Manchester logo and MT1 on the bus stops.
Sightseeing Manchester Bus Route
To Buy this bus tour as a Gift Voucher*, click the image below:
*Gift Vouchers are valid until the end of the season they are purchased in (31st October for Summer, 31st March for Winter)
UNDER 16 / STUDENT
SENIOR/ 60 AND OVER
ANY 4 ADULTS
£25.00 (2 adults and 3 children)
Timings and route
The main starting point is in Albert Square near Manchester Town Hall, but you can get on at any of the 15 stops.
The bus runs daily except Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve & New Years Day, and any days when road closures due to events in the city centre prevent the bus from operating.
Timetable valid from 1st September 2018 – April 2019.
Sightseeing Bus Autumn/Winter Timetable
Sightseeing Bus Autumn/Winter TimetableStop Locations:
Please zoom in on the below map to see where the bus stops are:
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.