Free Manchester Walking Tour
Free Manchester Walking Tour – Secrets of the City – (3 hours) Departs: Daily 10am
Explore all the secrets that Manchester has to offer on a Free Walking Tour of Manchester.
Discover the culture of Manchester from iconic buildings, churches and other landmarks, with an expert Manchester born guide passionate about the city.
Departs daily at 10am from the Chinese Arch, this is a free tour concept, where you choose the price.
The tour route and highlights:
- China Town – We start at the second largest Chinatown in the United Kingdom and the third largest in Europe. Learn why the Chinese came to Manchester, what they did originally and learn about one individual member of the Chinese community of Manchester and what makes him stand out!
- Gay Village – Learn how the Gay village has evolved from an area of urban decay, through to today’s trendy and bustling scene!
- Molly House – Find out what a Molly House is and learn about the murals on the side of the building and their connection to Manchester!
- Sackville Gardens and Alan Turing Memorial – Learn about the history of this great resident and how he was instrumental in helping end World War II.
- The Twisted Wheel – Hear about how, despite Stevie Wonder playing at this iconic nightclub, it still closed down.
- London Road Fire Station – See one of the locations where a shootout for Peaky Blinders was filmed!
- Granby Row and Vimto Monument – Learn about how this unique Manchester beverage came into being and how and why it is so popular in the Middle East!
- Factory Records – See the building which gave the world the Madchester scene and how it still influences today’s music!
- Refuge Hotel – Come inside one of Manchester’s finest hotels. Find out why there is a 300 lb bronze horse in the foyer and follow in the footsteps of its resident ghost!
- Little Ireland – Hear about the squalid conditions the Irish workers experienced here and how they and their ancestors went on to lead the construction of Manchester!
- Town Hall – See how the proceeds from cotton built the Town Hall and some magnificent buildings nearby.
This Free Manchester Walking Tour ‘Secrets of the City’ operates daily at 10am from the Chinese Arch, Falkner Street, Manchester M1 4FH.
This free Manchester Walking Tour is FREE and voluntary gratuity / tip based. From our experience, if you enjoyed the tour a typical gratuity would be around £8-£10 per person. Please note if the tour does not meet your expectation, then please do not be under any pressure to tip the guide as all tips are voluntary and should reflect the quality of tour provided. The guide accepts cash or contactless payment.
If you are interested in a private walking tour:
Click on the button below to visit our booking website and book tickets.